Wednesday 13 November 2013

Wintery Deer Season

Our creek
Well I did want it to snow and it did ...all day Monday! The ground is covered  and looks very pretty!  With DH gone for the last week of hunting season...this is my last week at home alone to do nothing but sew!!
I played on my featherweight the other day and finished this little 15" square mini. It was made from scraps that I had and I wanted to try one of Bonnie Hunter's patterns. This one is based on Pfefferneuse, although I rearranged the string pieces to make stars. I love how the browns and teals go together. These are the scraps  that I had laying on my ironing board the other day. Also I have finished the hand quilting on this quilt and just have the binding to do. So I spent last evening curled up on the couch to try and finish these two things!This little guy is done and just one more side to go on the larger quilt.Then there will be  a couple more things off my bucket list of UFO'S.
about 15" square

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt!!! So creative and talented lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new mini! It just sparkles!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...