Sunday 13 February 2022

Snowy days

 This week we have had -25, snow, winds, and even mild temperatures and rain! Welcome to Northern Ontario. You never know what the weather will bring...today -27 and bright and sunny! Good day to stay indoors and gets some quilting done as soon as I get this blog posted.

frame turned only a bit to finish
I am on the home stretch of the hand quilting on the frame. Yesterday I had to spin the frame to be able to complete the last passes I need to make on it. I secure my backing to the pole and I don't have any leaders like long armers do, so I can't quilt right to the end going in the same direction. That is why the quilt top and batting are hanging down in this photo. Maybe a little confusing for some who have never done it but it works for me.

I have also been doing lots of knitting and crocheting. I am knitting using some soft crochet cotton to make myself a scarf. I have also completed three lap covers that my mom had started but never finished. I am going to try to donate them to the nursing home that she is in. If not I will find them a home.

scarf in the sunshine






3 different sized lap covers


5 quilts getting ready to go
                                                                                                                                                                                                 I have also been filling in time getting the binding and labels on a few quilts so I can deliver them on Tuesday at guild. They are donations for the local Children's Mental Health unit at our hospital. These quilts are part of Christmas gifts I gave to family. I gave them a certificate saying a quilt would be donated in their name. I thought it was a great idea as I wasn't able to finish my Christmas shopping in stores so this was the idea I came up with. I have 2 quilts of valor to finish as well.                                                                                                                                   As usual, it is Sunday and that means that Kathy is slow stitching today.  What is she up to...you will have to go to her blog and see and also catch up with everyone else that joins her today!

Enjoy your day, stay warm and get a few stitches in along the way!


4 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful! It's looks like it won't take you long to finish. What a great idea, to give a quilt in the name of a family member. It sure makes Christmas shopping easier! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects, your quilt is beautiful. I don't envy your weather. You probably don't want to hear about the 70 degree weather we are having currently. It does get down into the 40s at night though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo of all your beautiful quilts sitting together. The quilt on the frame is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been very busy. I like those crocheted lap blankets that you finished. Your quilt is so pretty. Enjoy all of your stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Let me introduce myself....

 It would seem that maybe I should re-introduce myself as I have been away from blogland for way too long. I have heard from some of my read...