Sunday 1 May 2016

Happy May 1st

Where is the sunshine and all those spring flowers? I keep wondering but as long as they are MIA, I still have time in my sewing room.
I am now a week post dental removal of 4 wisdom teeth. It has not been a good week. Along with some uncomfortable moments, I also developed dry sockets in two of the empty spaces. A painful side effect of teeth removal that sometimes happens. The bone and nerves are exposed and needless to say it is an annoying discomfort. Lots of naps and advil and I think I am finally on the mend. Actually eating solid foods to some degree!!
But with this "take it easy" time, I have gotten two quilts finished. I completed the hand quilting and binding on this pink and brown one. Notice in the background of this picture those are my daffodils, that are just barely showing. They haven't bloomed as yet. On a good note I should have them well into June!!

 I also just took this baby quilt off the frame this morning. So part of today will be putting the binding on it and stitching it down. That will be my slow stitching today with my friend Kathy.
We have a quilt show in September and I have to start to think of what quilts I am putting in the show but before that I have a couple of weddings and a significant birthday present to get finished. Sometime I feel that there just aren't enough hours in the day. I find myself going in spurts. I will get lots done in one week and then languish for a week or two and then put the push on again. Why can't I just go at an even keel!!??!
Here's wishing you a week full of bright sunny Spingtime, blooming flowers and finished quilting projects!

2 comments:

  1. You sure did get a lot done while recovering from your dental surgery. Love the kitties in the baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about the ongoing recovery pain. That makes everything harder to do. Take it easy and do lots of stitching!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...