Wednesday 11 May 2016

UFO day at guild

empty box and 1/2 of blocks needed
Who doesn't need one or many of these kind of days. Well it was perfectly timed for me as I have a quilt I want to make and it was a good day to do some power sewing. I have taken on Bonnie Hunter's pattern "talking turkey" and there is a lot of individual piecing to do before you can put all the units together. So yesterday I tackled the string pieced units, 60 squares need to be covered...no problem. PROBLEM!!! in six hours of sewing I only got 30 blocks finished. Yes sure there was talking and chatting and maybe a little venting too but in between all that I sewed and only got half the blocks done.  Not only that but my box of green scraps has been depleted. I will have to go in search of more this morning before I can go any further. Don't mistake this for complaining...I am simply stating a fact so today I am hoping to get the other 30 done and move onto the next step. I have set out a timeline of one month to get this top finish.
pic from Quiltville - Talking Turkey
DH is away for a couple of days on business and then on the weekend I am heading to a friends house to sew so I should be able to make some good progress on this project. Have a great day with whatever you are working on too!!!


3 comments:

  1. You beat me to it! Talking Turkey is on my to do list. I was even thinking green too! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you looking for more greens -- should I bring all my odds and ends of greens to guild on Tuesday -- any greens do?????
    Jeanne A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to be free of them I will give them a home.I am not bias on colour, I will take all colours! I did find enough on a second pass through my sewing room! Thanks

      Delete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...