Friday 1 January 2016

Happy New Year!!

Welcome 2016 and all that is new and waiting to be discovered.
It was a quiet evening at my house as DH was working at a dance and I stayed home with the dog to relax and enjoy an evening of netflix!
my mystery colours
I thought I was doing well to catch up on Bonnie Hunter's mystery only to discover she did her final reveal last night as the ball dropped in Italy. Sneaky isn't she!! So today is a ME day of sewing, hoping to have a bit of the top done to show on Monday during the link up. My cutting table is looking a bit of a mess, can't wait to see how it will look altogether.

It is so nice not to have deadlines rushing me to get things done but having said that I find that I am lally gagging. Do any of you find that?I have lots of projects on the go and things that need to be done but they just don't have a deadline...so there is no hurry. But then WHAM.....the day is upon you and you're working late hours in a rush to get it all done.
Sooo....I am attempting to stop this vicious circle  or at least  slow it down somewhat this year. Get it done ......what am I waiting for!

This week we got a good dumping of snow and it has snowed a little bit each day since. Today it is a winter wonderland and I get to watch it from my sewing room. That with some tunes and a fragrant candle burning and I am in my little piece of heaven!!
 Wishing you all things new and wonderful in 2016. May your bobbin always be full, quilting hours plentiful and your stash overflowing!

2 comments:

  1. Looking at the snow through the window, a planned walk this afternoon, living room rearranged with my chair moved nearer the fire, a good movie on TV, snuggled under a quilt and binding, binding, binding. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too. Spent today working on the mystery...boring 90+ hst!!!

      Delete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...