Tuesday 26 January 2016

A sewing we will go....

Not only was the weekend filled with quilting but yesterday was a UFO or free sewing day at guild. I spent the weekend getting two baby quilts machine quilted and I have a third quilt almost ready to be quilted. There will be some binding days in my future.
just a tease...wait till you see the whole quilt
At yesterday's workshop I started a new quilt, one that will be a workshop for another guild I belong to. I have to have the sample ready for the February meeting so most of the day was spent cutting. It is not a complicated pattern but I waited till the last minute to chose the fabric so cutting was done at the workshop. I have part of the block sewn with the rest to be done today. Another on the program committe has her top done and she used batiks so I wanted to go with something totally different so the quilt ladies would see how the pattern is adaptable to different fabrics.

meet Penelope Piedmont
Also yesterday I took "Penelope" out to sew. It was her first outing to guild and she worked beautifully. The only drawback is her case is not realiable so I had to put her in a plastic tote for carrying. I think she weighs about 40-50 lbs so not exactly portable. I might have to see if she will fit in my travelling bag with wheels.
After tidying up the house  a bit, I am headed to my sewing room for another day of sewing and watching the snow falling outside.
Happy week ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...