Friday 15 January 2016

The snow is coming and so are the babes!

samples for paper piecing class
It is mid January and we finally have some snow that is staying with more coming. Of course there would be more coming...I am teaching a class tomorrow or suppose to be?!! I am teaching paper piecing. I spent yesterday getting all my stuff ready and doing step outs of my samples. I had forgotten how addicting paper piecing can be....as you add each piece of fabric you can watch  your quilt come alive. I have a bit of a challenge for the ladies but they don't know about it yet. Come back on Sunday and see what we did all day Saturday if the weather lets us.
Yes the babes are coming too. As I said in my last post, there seems to be a baby boom going on around me. I finished the top of  the second baby quilt, I have made for little boys, with a third one waiting in the wings to be made.Now to find time to quilt them and binding and they will be ready.
I also finished a little knitted sweater for a wee one. The pattern said complete in 5 hours. Bahahaha somewhat like a quilt in a day!!We all know that doesn't happen! But it is done and adorable if I do say so myself! I might add a small toque to go with it. Camera died so pics of the sweater and quilt will have to wait.
Enjoy your Friday, I am off to my knitting group and hoping the snow holds off till later this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...