Sunday 10 January 2016

Don't worry ...be happy!

So here we are well into the month of January. For me that means I am a year older. Yes a birthday was had last week and I was spoiled for a day by my DH. My daughter gave me my birthday gift at Christmas so candle fragrances filled the air too along with an afternoon with the girls knitting.

disappearing nine patch
close up of fabric cute bears
I am looking ahead to the year to come. Many workshops and quilt programs to get ready not to mention the BOM that I am involved in that need some attention. There has and continues to be a baby boom around me. So this week I took a break from Bonnie Hunter's mystery and started two baby quilts for a couple of little boys. The quilts aren't finished yet but these are sneak peeks of them. I have another little boy one to make but I have a little time for that.




2nd quilt- cute fishing bears


I have seen many comments on the different facebook sights that quilters are having a hard time finding their mojo since the holidays. There is definitely a down period after all the excitement, family and food of those few weeks. My advice is to just pick a project...new or old and jump back into it. It doesn't take long to get bitten by the quilting bug and you are off. My New Year's resolution, if you want to call it that, is to be happy and positive. Easy you may think but some days this can be difficult. My friend Louise gifted me this coffee mug that says it all and was incentive or driving force behind my resolution. I think this is one resolution I just might be able to keep.

I will be behind the sewing machine today, finishing up the baby quilts and prepping them for machine quilting. If the quilting fairies are with me...I will be slow stitching the binding in place later today. Join Kathy
and the others slow stitching today and see what we are all up to, that should give some incentive to those who can't find their mojo.


Also Kathy ask us to leave an encouraging word for those that stop by. As my mug says "I have decided to be happy because it is good for my health".
I encourage you all to get your health checked...mammograms, pap smears.  We are no good to anyone if we are sick or unhealthy.This is on my agenda this week, one of those necessary evils we women have to go through. Here is to the week, months and year ahead...cheers!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh sooooo cute of a mug. Enjoy our day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Kathy's Slow Stitching, working on a binding too today. I like that mug sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive energy is always good for your health...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice inspirational post. I actually have that quote framed in my studio, and when I see it it's a reminder to make that choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mug - such important wisdom!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...