Sunday 17 January 2016

When you get a snow day...

The snow came, unfortunately it came mostly Friday evening into Saturday. I was forced to cancel the paper piecing class I was suppose to  teach but this gave me a free day of sewing that I wasn't expecting. I made good use of it too.
a little blurry but colourful
I have had these string blocks together since October but needed to make them into a flimsy. It will be a sample for a demo I am showing on Tuesday at guild. So that was completed. Now I just have to figure out what colour to use for the outer border. Any and all suggestions will be considered!Maybe piano keys to futher use up some strings and strips, I am not sure.
Today was another snowy day and after the laundry was in, I decided to finish up a couple of blocks from our guild BOM. We were each given a different focus fabric to use and it has to be in every block. After that the colours and fabrics are our choice. The blocks  finish at 12" and the focus fabric is growing on me. It is a Kaffe Fassett fabric that I wasn't too sure about in the beginning.
outer space circles is the focus fabric
Block #4 and 5 of 12














I have already peeked in with Kathy to see what everyone is slow stitching on today. I am just slow today...does that count!!! It is always fun to see what everyone is up to and working on. Just a little fuel to help this ole engine get in gear.
Here's to the week ahead, make each moment count and be happy!

3 comments:

  1. Your string blocks look amazing! Great job! I haven't gotten as much sewing done as I'd hoped this weekend. Hubby has a cold. What makes men such babies when they are sick? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rich colors in both projects. Congrats on your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...