Wednesday 3 June 2015

Packing day!!

Why do today what you can put off till tomorrow...well it is tomorrow now! Yup packing today! I really am excited to go to quilt retreat but just haven't figured out what projects to take. I have a couple that are almost done and a few(lots) that I would like to start. But do I really want to start something and not be able to finish it? Besides some of those are kits and I don't want to start cutting into kits when there is so much chatting to be done...you know that is when mistakes happen!!
I do need a baby boy quilt for a great nephew who is due to arrive in July. There does seem to be a baby boom going on in our area. Also I was thinking of making a quilt for a gift for someone...just a scrappy one so that might be an option too! Oh decisions,,,,decisions!!
1st block sampler
So while I am away here are some more pics from my show and tell. I can't believe how many quilts I have in the cupboard and around my house.

2" squares-pattern taken from a kerchief
blue challenge fabric 
taught this class a couple of year ago
simple pattern-lots of space to quilt

my very own pattern, was a mystery quilt

Debbie Caffrey mystery
starting to sew up my hexies!

 So I don't want to have to cut up any more paper hexies so I have started joining my pieces. I am not sure how big I will be able to go before it becomes unmanageable. I will do it in 4 quads but still that could be very large. I may still have to make more papers but will try this for now. This pic also showed up on Bonnie Hunter's quilt cam on Tuesday June 2, check it out!!
Well typing here is not getting me packed. Have a great rest of the week and weekend. Come back on Sunday and see what happened while I was on retreat!!!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun at retreat! I have a FPP project that I take on retreats. I am prepared to have a long-term project. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I REALLY like the red and white one. I have lots of green in my stash. This could solve that "problem". :-)

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...