Tuesday 25 November 2014

Viva la difference!

Last week
This morning
Our roaring creek
Pardon my French but what a difference a day or two makes.Just last week I was spending my mornings shovelling and today there is hardly any snow left after two days of rain. Although the temperature is dropping, it feels and looks  more like Springtime. Our creek is higher now than it was in the Spring.Whitewater rafting anyone!!!The water is so strong it is actually rolling rocks in the creek. Sounds like someone is bowling! Along with the rains and heavy winds, last night there was a power outage. So what is a girl to do ...too early for bed so I stitched a binding by lantern and candlelight.Good thing it was a small quilt. I don't know how those early settlers did all that work by candlelight only!
stitching in the almost dark

All day yesterday it rained so it was a good sewing day. I finished all 15 blocks. Today I am sashing them and getting them ready to be a top.The peach/salmon colour underneath is the sashing.
It was the best option for making those stars pop. I have another full day of sewing so by the end of it I am hoping it will be finished.
Then I have to search my stash for options for Bonnie Hunter's mystery. Only 3 more days to wait till it starts. Are you joining in on the fun too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...