Sunday 9 November 2014

Second week of deer camp!

It might be quilting season but it is the second week of deer camp at my house. DH is gone and he took the puppy so it is very quiet around here.Zoe(my older dog) and I are enjoying the peace and quiet!! Although I intended to sew all day as Kathy says on her blog today, I am multi-tasking a bit. First strike was I slept in to 7! Then a few phone calls from my darling daughter, who moved into her first.house this weekend. Hope that I helped considering how far away I am.
those squares are 3/4" finished,whole quilt 24" square
Laundry is being done as I try to finish a baby quilt so I can slow stitch tonight while watching movies by myself....sweet bliss!!! It really is a perfect day for sewing cause this is what it is doing outside my window. Snowing yes and at times the flakes are huge and softly floating to the ground. Very relaxing to watch!
I think winter might be here to stay!
I am also in Christmas gift making mode! YIKES!! That's right...so I had to drive to a friend's house for a pattern and some knitting advice. So that will also be on the agenda for tonight. Every year I say I will start early and never do but this year I am trying to!!!

So I have my evening planned and after this post is finished...it is supper and relaxing!! Hope you are enjoying your weekend no matter what you are doing!

8 comments:

  1. I am in gift mode too. Seeing your snow picture makes me think how close Christmas is getting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No snow here yet, thankfully! I like a day to myself to sew once in a while too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your alone time! The snow looks gorgeous, but we have not had any here yet. It really has not even felt like November at all. I have to multi-task as there is just not enough time in the day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the snow is pretty! We don't get it down here, maybe once every two years. We are still waiting for the leaves to fall! Enjoy your alone time and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like winter has arrived!
    So glad you could join us for some slow stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in gift mode too. I hope you enjoyed your alone time. I hope you didn't have to do any shoveling with hubby away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I did but I consider it my exercise for the day!!

      Delete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...