Sunday 21 September 2014

Fall has arrived!

baby quilt with puppy prints machine quilting
one of the best paws
Although it isn't officially fall till tomorrow, I do believe it has arrived and is staying! It is a very damp and dreary day outside which makes it a good day to be inside sewing and slow stitching with Kathy. I might take a page from her blog and start a new project today. I have a blue work embroidery project that I would like to do that is then surrounded by quilt blocks. That might be what I start!
It has been a productive week and weekend for me. I have finished a small baby quilt for the hospital, a puppy quilt which is in Belle's cage,single bed quilt is ready for gifting and some blocks for the Marcus challenge. And yesterday I made a batch of mincemeat with all the green tomatoes I have, that made the house smell heavenly all day!
two more Marcus blocks
waiting to deliver

With all my recent finishes, I won a draw and  was gifted a 8 pack of fat quarters from one guild for finishing a project  over the summer. My week has also been busy with the new puppy Belle. She is growing like crazy...17 lbs already.

sitting still on her new quilt...for a second!


sleeps but not at 4 am!!! arggg

8 comments:

  1. Oh Belle is adorable! So sweet (not at 4 am though!)
    Love your Marcus blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belle is adorable. Just like having a baby though. I hope she learns to sleep all night soon. You have some really pretty finishes. I am looking forward to seeing your bluework.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belle looks so proud of her quilt. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a cutie! Sounds like you have been one busy lady. Love the little paw print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colorful Marcus blocks. Belle has a sweet face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you've been busy. I don't think I'd get anything done with a cute distraction like Belle hanging around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! A golden puppy! She is so adorable! I miss our golden and am ready to get a new pup, but unfortunately my husband is not. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me when I say it is a two person job.

      Delete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...