Thursday 11 September 2014

I'm not perfect!!

Had to eat a little humble pie yesterday. Well really is it my fault that people think I don't make mistakes? Everyone does but this was a big one. I sent a quilt to my friend to be long arm quilted. She called me to say the backing was too small for the top. OOPS!!!! But how could this be. Well she thinks and I agree that I measured the quilt top before adding borders and made the backing to fit BUT then I added borders to the top. YIKES THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I DID!!! My borders are the same fabric as the backing and I had to make sure I had enough fabric for both and somewhere I screwed up....that's right I am not perfect, I made a mistake. Will I ever live this one down? I will just settle for the fact that I will have another quilt finished, actually by the weekend I hope to have 3 finished.
96 " square to bind No 1 of 3 to finish before Tuesday

Old dog reluctantly sharing her bed

1 comment:

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...