Sunday 14 September 2014

First Frost

It has been cold the last couple of days but this morning we got our first frost. So there I was at 7 am outside dressed warm including a toque, picking green tomatoes. I am hoping some of them ripen but I will have to do something with the rest of them, just not sure what maybe mincemeat!?!
some of what I made today, the rest is in the freezer already
When you are up that early you either whine about being up early or get all those odd jobs done, and that is what I did!
One batch of pastry made 2 apple pies, 1 apple crumble, 2 shells for pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving and 1 dozen mincemeat tarts. I also used up 3 zuchinni and made 2 loaves, 2 dozen muffins. Don't you wish you could smell it...it is heavenly!Most of this is for thanksgiving and some DH will take to work tomorrow. I really don't need or want it at my house...I will eat it!! Now that everything is cleaned up and put away...I have a cup of tea and the computer for a bit before thinking of supper!
All of this so I can have tomorrow to sew. This pile of scraps has to be made into two blocks for guild on Tuesday and I have to finish the binding on a quilt also for guild.

large scrap pieces to make two blocks

So my slow stitching with Kathy will happen after supper into the evening but I will have all of Monday to play at the sewing machine.

4 comments:

  1. We went down to 45 or so last night and perhaps a bit colder this evening...no frost to worry about but I can't recall it this cold here in Western PA in what it still technically summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made an apple pie with some green tomatoes this summer. Used a recipe from All recipes on line. My husband and I almost liked it better than real apple pie. LOL Enjoy your stitching tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been getting cold here in the mornings too, but no frost yet. Our days are still warm at around 80 degrees, so I certainly hope we don't lose any tomatoes yet. After seeing all your baking, I think I need to make a peach pie soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am drooling here over your baking results...yum!
    Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...