Sunday 3 June 2018

Gardening Season


as I started & remembered to take a pic
The snow has finally gone..well a month or so ago. The temperatures are warming up enough so I can get the gardens in. A bit of rearranging and planning and the seeds are starting to show their faces. I have three large jobs laid out for myself this summer. Paint the front deck, waterproof the back deck and landscape or clean up this area between my house and vegetable garden. So of course I do the hardest one first. I have been working on it for a couple of days with DH help. It is now ready for sod which will come on Tuesday. So now I can get back into my sewing room.
all ready for sod to make it look pretty!


Last night after working all day outside, we headed to the DH's family cottage to do some fishing. I take along my hexies and stitch away while the minnows swim around trying to find us a fishy!!

Next Saturday I am teaching a scrappy churn dash class at guild. I have to get my stuff together and be ready. It will be an information class as well as piecing class. I am going to try to give them information on storing and making scrap quilts. Also plan to fit in how to decide what scraps to use.

So at some point today I will get some slow stitching done whether it is hexies and fishing or I get to sit at my hand quilting frame and get that quilt done. The nice weather has really slowed the progress on that one. So I will be joining my friend Kathy to slow down and relax today. I would also like to say a belated ....very belated happy birthday to Kathy. You kept that one quiet!Also Happy Birthday wishes to my friend Louise (another Piranha) We will celebrate in a couple weeks when we get together for our annual "Piranha Weekend!" If you check here and here you can see what we did last year! The weekend will be here before we all know it...getting excited!!!

4 comments:

  1. You Summer projects sound great...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deanna,
    Nice project you have there. I'd say you need a rest from all that hard work. Enjoy! Have
    a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have browsed most of your posts. This post is probably where I got the most useful information for my research.
    bike

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post! best hand pruners for arthritic hands

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...