Sunday 10 June 2018

Summery Sunday

from ugly to very lush and pretty
It was a gorgeous day today to be outside and working! Yes I put the last of the plants in the ground and added a few more seeds to my garden as well. I am hoping we are past the "it might freeze tonight"kind of weather. I have also included a pic of the area I was working on last week. We have sod now....I just have to keep it from dying!!!Before pics here.
I also mowed the lawn and helped pressure wash the deck that needs resealing. Why all this work in one day you ask? Well DH has meetings all this week so he won't be able to do it and if I get it done now....I get to play/sew while he is at the meetings. Of course the only exception is if the weather co-operates and stays clear...I will have to coat the deck with a layer of sealant.
that's me getting a turn to use the machine
I am also hoping with an hour or so this evening that I might get in some slow stitching and finally finish hand quilting my snowman quilt. I warned you earlier that you would be hearing alot about it!!You can see it here.
So that will be my slow stitching for today. But I have popped in on my friend Kathy and checked out what others are up to!

I am also looking forward to my annual Piranha retreat. We are on countdown.....12 more sleeps till they arrive!!(Slow stitching Kathy included) I have heard from a couple of them and they already have projects packed and hopefully are as excited as I am to be together for a weekend again!

That will also be when I can sit back and enjoy looking at all the work I have been doing in the yard!

Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for slow stitching in the gazebo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is so pretty (checked out your link)! Might freeze! Goodness we have been above the 100' for weeks now! I'm so glad you're finishing chores so you can have days of stitching!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...