Wednesday 13 June 2018

National Sewing Machine Day


My treadle


301A my personal fav

Today it is National Sewing Machine day if you believe everything you read on facebook. Let's honor our machines for all the time and effort they put in to makes our creations come to life. 












Maybe treat them to a spa date with the fellow who keeps them running well. OR maybe just a mini spa day where you take care of them...a little dusting and a drop or two of oil to keep them going! Here are a few of my herd of machines. I am not a "vintage only" owner. I have a Husqvarna extended bed machine too but use it mostly for machine quilting. I also still have my very first machine a Kenmore that I bought in the early '80's.

Penelope, auction find

Featherweight











Love your machines whatever they are!!!

6 comments:

  1. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. WSS-411 bimetallic thermometer

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most interesting text on this interesting topic that can be found on the net ... mini sewing machine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purchasing a sewing machine is troublesome particularly when you are an amateur. Purchasing some unacceptable machine at the outset might leave you baffled and sometimes even surrender your newly discovered love for sewing. Additionally, sewing machines are not modest thus an educated choice will help far in setting aside cash and accomplishing the very reason for which you are purchasing the machine. Sewing reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was really an interesting topic and I kinda agree with what you have mentioned here! Canada toeristenvisum

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can organize and put away all of your craft supplies in one place. sewing table 2022

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. tractor

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...