Sunday 4 March 2018

Getting it done!

2 blocks of 25(each 18"sq)
Yesterday we had a workshop at guild. It was a brain storming session of sorts. We have been doing a block of the month with a twist. Along with the BOM you also have to sew a minimum of 60 nine patches. These nine patches can only be made of any two fabrics. So yesterday was a day to come together and help each other with our designs. Some already had their designs ready to go and were sewing while others were getting help with design possibilities. By the end of the day I think everyone was happy and had ideas for their designs.


everything I need within reach on a tray
I have been nursing a pinched nerve in my lower back so needless to say not much sewing got done early in the week. EXCEPT.... I now have a bag of hexies to sew up into diamonds.DH wonders how come I don't see hexies in my sleep.  It was one of the things I could do while I sat in my chair and wondered if I would get out of it!! Seems I do this once a year to remind myself not to do it!!

scrappy quilt gets scrappy binding
So today I am sewing for as long as the back will take it and then I take a break and sit and do some binding.This is a UFO that is nearing completion. It will be #2 on my UFO list that I want to finish this year as a challenge at one of the guilds I belong to.

So what are you up to today? I will also be checking in with my friend Kathy and her slow stitching Sunday to see what the ladies are doing today. Grab a cup of coffee and join me...always an interesting read, Kathy makes me feel happy and want to sew and quilt more!!

3 comments:

  1. Poor you, it sounds really uncomfortable. Love those two blocks, the colours are fab! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks Deanna!
    Hope your back feels better from working on this binding and those wonderful hexies.. rest and stitching is a great healing combination! Make sure Mr is waiting on you hand and foot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your back is better soon. Your stitching is lovely

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...