Sunday 25 March 2018

Slow stitching on a sunny Sunday

grey front,light fabric is backing
Betcha can't say that 5 times fast!!! But that is what I am up to. I finally got the binding on my tumbler quilt. I had to do a bit of  a search for fabric to no avail. I thought I had more leftovers but can't seem to find them. So plan B....I made two coloured binding. Teal colour for the back and a grey to match the outside borders on the front. I think it is going to look sharp! Loving my wonder clips from my friend Louise!!
first time using this frame
Also today, I have been working on the frame. I only have a little bit to go and I can do the first roll. With hand quilters, it is all about the rolling. That means we are getting things done and the quilting is progressing. This is a fun one to hand quilt as there is no boring repetitive pattern. Each block is different and the patchwork blocks I will be quilting however I want! Once I get to the middle panel part, that will be cross hatched.
working right to left, almost there
So I have lots to keep me busy and join in slow stitching with Kathy today!



The sun is warming things up but the temperature is still cold. -15 degrees Celsius this morning. We are hoping for warm weather this week so the maple sap will start running and we can start making maple syrup....yum yum!!

3 comments:

  1. Your quilt stitches look so fabulous - its going to be beautiful - I should say more beautiful - its a lovely quilt and your quilting is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of a two coloured binding - it should look great on your quilt. And totally know what you mean about 'it's all about the rolling' - the true sign of progress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plan B looks great on your scrappy tumbler quilt. It is amazing how things work out. Totally understand about rolling a quilt. This is just a guess, but I am thinking that blue is your favorite color.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...