Sunday 25 February 2018

Binding Decisions

So this has been a crazy,loud, restful and now busy weekend. Friday afternoon my family room looked huge but by later that evening...not so much. My hubby is part of a band that jammed here friday night. Nine musicians and gear can sure fill a space. Some of the wives came too...so it was a great evening. That lead to the restful day yesterday...I am not use to those late nights/early morning parties!
So today the plan is a "ME" day!!! I have just a bit of hand quilting to do and then I will be searching out some binding for this quilt. I have two other quilts that require labels before Tuesday. Our guild meeting was cancelled last week due to weather and rescheduled for this week. I can get these two quilts shown at guild and delivered too!
some blocks
That opens up space in my schedule...well not really as I have a workshop this weekend to put together our BOM quilt. We all worked from patterns of the same 12 blocks in our own colour schemes plus we had to make a minimum of 60 nine patches to go with them. Then we have to come up with our own designs to put the two entities together into a quilt top.I finished my blocks months ago and they have been waiting!!
My hexie quilt continues. I have come to the realization that I have to make more diamonds to fill in those empty spots and get the quilt into a more rectangular shape.DH wonders how come I don't see hexies every time I close my eyes!!Hmm never thought of that before!?!

hexies taking shape
I will be checking in with my friend Kathy. She is home from her annual retreat. Check out what she was doing all week and what she and other friends are working on for slow stitching Sunday. I will be settling in with lots of slow stitching myself today as the weather is not so good...it's snaining or would that be rowing...somewhere between rain and snow/sleet. Just messy is all I know!

4 comments:

  1. How fun to have a concert in your own home. I like all your beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun evening you had! I just went back and read you last post about your hexi quilt and needing to hand quilt. I made a 30s reproduction grandmother's flower garden and am hand-quilting it. It's a loooong term project. I am now piecing a Martha Washington flower garden like yours. I plan to machine quilt it. I want the 30s quilt to look old, soft, and crinkled, so I didn't prewash the fabrics and used 100% cotton batting, but the new one is batiks and I don't feel the need to hand-quilt it. Enjoy the hand stitching and I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have to shovel snain?!?
    It's gorgeous and sunny here today... feels like April weather!
    The jam night at your house looks like sooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blue and green project is going to be SEW pretty!! Same with the Hexie, too.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...