Monday 8 January 2018

Oops...it was going to well...

a whole pile of "oops"
Do you ever get that feeling when you're sewing that it is going too well...that feeling that something is not right with the world? Well I didn't get that feeling but I should have. I was sewing pieces for a quilt top together yesterday..sewing away at a lightening pace. WOW I thought to myself, I might get to putting the top together today too! STOP....
That is when I realized I had sewn 49 pieces wrong and that wasn't the worse part....I did it twice!!!
Wrong!
So lucky for me Bonnie Hunter had a quilt cam yesterday and while I listened to her I ripped out my mistake. Then after supper I sewed all the pieces on, in their proper place.
I should have known!!!




Corrected!!
Luckily today was a better day. With all the pieces made and pressed, I started to sew the rows together. This quilt isn't made of blocks but the pieces are sewn together in rows. Once the rows are together it looks like blocks...Magic!!
a good sewing afternoon
This quilt might get hand quilted as there are large blank spaces to do some lovely quilting in. This is as far as I can go till after I teach this class. I have to have parts to show the students. Tomorrow is another day!!



1 comment:

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...