Sunday 28 January 2018

Good sewing day!

baby quilt in the making
Is there anything better? I decided after piecing these blocks for a baby quilt this week (you can see a previous post here) and getting the top sewn up, I might as well keep going. And going I did, yesterday I pin basted it and decided I had an hour before supper...why not start machine quilting it. One hour and 30 minutes later the quilting was done. I try to plan out my starts and stops but didn't think about it before hand or there would have only been one of each. But I had a few more and that is okay! I also decided I wanted to do a bit of hand quilting on it so today I marked the large white areas and they will get filled with hearts.

So I will be joining Kathy and slow stitching on this tonight while relaxing with a movie. Check in with Kathy and the others and see what everyone is up to. I have seen some beautiful work that is being done and lots of hand quilting(way to go ladies). It makes me want to stop all my sewing projects and set up a quilt to hand quilt.

1 comment:

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...