Wednesday 31 January 2018

Last day of birthday month!

Today marks the end of the first month of January 2018 and the end of my birthday month. It really has flown by so fast. I have many projects that were worked on, some new things started  but sadly no finishes as yet!

partial top before my class
finished top of "star struck"
I am continuing to do the hand quilting on the baby quilt but only in the evening. Except for today, some girlfriends were here for our weekly knitting/quilting day and I hand quilted a bit.
Monday was a math day. I had to work out the math on a quilt top so the inner border would fit the quilt top  and the pieced outer border  I had already made. Of course I made the quilt bigger than the pattern so alterations were necessary! And with alterations comes brain numbing math!!! So yesterday the sewing of borders was in order and this is the result of that. One finished top. So maybe I lied a bit above...I did finish something!!
This quilt was a class I taught a few weekends ago. A versatile pattern that could be changed and remodeled in many ways to make it your own.

Looks especially good on top of all that snow!!
 This one I think will go in the "to be hand quilted" pile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...