Sunday 31 December 2017

New Year's Eve



The year is coming to an end and I am going to finish it in style! While DH is out playing guitar at a party I will relax and get in some slow stitching hexie style! After all isn't having fun and bringing in the new year your own way what it is all about!And I can do it in my comfy PJs!!

Hexies are my party partner tonight. I wonder if I will ever be finished this project. It has grown a bit from the attached picture but still I keep stitching away. I have two quilt shows coming up in the next two years...maybe that is something to aim for! 
Do you make a list of things you wish to accomplish in the new year? If I did, I think finishing up the many UFOs would be at the top.Second would be the many quilts that I would like to make. Those ideas that have been lurking in the back of my mind.

slowly growing
I am checking in with my friend Kathy and all her friends for slow stitching Sunday. I am a little late but let's see what everyone is up to!

Wishing you all a Happy New Year! Here's to finishing old projects, starting new ones and keeping our families always surrounded with our quilts!

2 comments:

  1. Too bad I am not your party partner tonight?!?! We could Slow Stitch together into 2018! All the best in the New Year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hexie slow stitching is looking great. I too am stitching all by myself too (DH went to bed early), but that is ok. I can listen to an audiobook and sew until I get sleepy. Happy New Year and here's to finishing more of those UFOs.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...