Thursday 28 December 2017

Here I come...sewing room!

A little doll with her new dolly
the cook and her sous chef
With the holidays, packing and travelling, I have missed being in my sewing room. While we spent Christmas away at our daughter's house, I did get to knit and do some hexies to fill in the time between games, meals and visits but now for the hum of the machine to fill the air!
Now that the Christmas rush is over, I welcome the chance to sit in quiet and enjoy some sewing.
I did make a couple of things this year as gifts. They were all enjoyed I think

I am teaching a class in a couple of weeks so this will be the first quilt top on the agenda. That's right haven't even made the quilt for the class yet!! yikes!!After that I will try to catch up on Bonnie Hunter's current mystery quilt. I was almost caught up and with the holidays, I have fallen behind again. But remember ...it's not a race!!


Ugly sweaters? I think "seasonal"

Lake effect snow storm
So as the holidays end here's to fun times with family (DH bought us all sweaters)and not so fun times( the drive home was very snowy for part of the ride)open lakes in the winter are not a good thing! We eventually drove into sunshine and very cold temperatures. It's so good to be home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...