Sunday 17 December 2017

Checking my list

Christmas cookies
The shopping list is done and wrapped well that is except for groceries. Now this week I will be packing and getting ready to go visit my daughter for Christmas.I did a full day of baking yesterday and now it is all put away except for this box which Hubby and I have been munching on today.


in the middle of clue #3
With everything that is going on...there is still time to fit in some sewing. I have been trying to catch up on the clues on the mystery at Quiltville. I am in the middle of clue #3 and #4 came out on Friday. It will get done one way or another.


Today I will be slow stitching along with Kathy. I am working on a binding. I didn't think I would have this quilt till late January. But I received a call from my long arming friend and she had the quilt finished.
2 year challenge is done!
This was a two year project for me. It started as a challenge in American Patchwork and Quilting magazine. I liked Edyta Sitar's sample and so I started sewing little four patches together.That continued into 2016 and in 2017 I started adding the triangles. I was still doing that in October of 2017.  There was a lull in November as I tried to decide on the small sashing colour and finally a friend suggested red and it just popped.Then once that was done, it didn't take long to finish the quilt top and send it out to be quilted. It was far too large for me to attempt and with all those seams, I was not hand quilting this one. My long armer did large plumes in the columns. Once I got the quilt back I decided to quilt on either side of the red sashings. I did it on my machine. It was the finishing touch I think. The quilting on this quilt is wonderful and gives me a terrific reversible quilt.
back of quilt showing the plumes
So tonight I will be cuddling under it and finishing the binding. With temperatures at -29 Celcius this morning...cuddling is a necessity.

I would like to take this chance to wish everyone that visits my blog a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Here's to lots of quilty things under our trees and to more quilting in the new year whether it is starting new projects or finishing UFO's!
ENJOY

4 comments:

  1. What a spectacular scrappy quilt Deanna! I love it!
    Enjoy binding this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookies look delicious. So nice to be organized and have time for sewing. A great finish to your two-year project. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your bright color choices for On Ringo Lake. Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Deanna .... a gorgeous quilt! Merry Xmas!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...