Sunday 26 November 2017

Day of rest.....

blocks for paint chip challenge
said no quilter EVER this close to Christmas!!!It has been a crazy busy week, two guild meetings, trip out of town for one day and scheduled doctor appointment with my mother. I sure could use just a day to sew. Hmmm...but there is laundry and floors that need a little tending to first.

Today I will be working on my paint chip challenge for guild. We were to chose three paint chips and use them to pick our fabrics. We were allowed to have a fourth colour for our background. Although it is winter I went with a Spring theme....thinking of daffodils and crocus with bright blue skies!
blocks waiting to be made
They start with 3" finished nine patches and then 2" logs all around.

fabric for On Ringo Lake Mystery








So if I get these done today I can start on my Bonnie Hunter mystery. I should be well practiced as the first clue is to make 3" finished nine patches...haha!!!I will be doing nine patches in my sleep soon!

 I will also be joining my friend Kathy for some slow stitching later today. Although I am not knitting like she is trying to do(keep at it Kathy, practice practice practice)...there are some slow stitches that I need  to complete!
Have a great Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...