Tuesday 21 November 2017

Guild day

Yes it was guild day today and I did a presentation on squaring up blocks. It went quite smoothly unlike the start of the day. We ladies were all ready to start our meeting but were unable to get into the building...no keys!!!
Swoon blocks
After a few phone calls and talking to the superintendent of the building, we were able to get a tenant who lives in the adjacent apartment building to open our hall for us.(the hall and apartment building are joined) Thankfully the rest of the day went much better.

I have finished these two quilts too. They will be donated to the Children's Mental Health Center at my local hospital. I made these quilts in memory of a friend who passed away recently. I believe that she would have loved them being donated there.
Metro hoops


Tomorrow I am playing chauffeur for a friend and we are going shopping to one of my favorite quilt stores and lunch!! Sounds like a fun day...I only hope the weather co-operates!!


1 comment:

  1. Your Swoon quilt is gorgeous!
    I just know someone is going to feel so lucky to get this quilt!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...