Sunday 19 November 2017

The snow has arrived!!

coffee looking outside
The last two days we have had snow and now my neighbourhood looks like a winter wonderland.So that also means back to the routine of shoveling everyone out and then I can sew. Only problem is once I sit down after being out in the fresh air....I just want to fall asleep!!!Oh well an afternoon nap is a good thing!!

slow stitching with Kathy today
So this is my view from my sewing room window today. My favourite coffee mug and working on some binding. That is my slow stitching for this sunday along with some embroidery that I will do later this evening.


I have been working on my tumblers, trying to get them to a point where I can use them for leader/enders for another project  that I have to start as part of another guild challenge. These tumblers are my nemesis these days. I precut a lot of the pieces over 1 1/2 years ago. It seems that with the design I have created, I am going to have enough pieces to make a second quilt!!! OH boy!!
tumblers coming closer to a design


fabrics for the mystery quilt
And like I don't have enough projects on the go....this week Bonnie Hunter will start her annual mystery quilt...On Ringo Lake! I have my colours all picked out. I am staying with her colours as I had lots of batiks in those teals and corals...add in my favorite chocolate brown and I am set to go.

It is a busy week ahead two guild meetings and a shopping trip with a friend and another friend coming to visit for one of those guild meetings. By Friday(release date for the mystery) I will be ready for some sewing.
Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Attaching binding is a great snowy slow Sunday stitching project. Teal batiks are one of my favorites. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad our snow doesn't usually arrive til after Christmas. I will save the instructions for Bonnies quilt, as I have no spare time at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow stitching on a snowy day sounds just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mystery colours!! Can't wait to get started on the new mystery!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...