Sunday 12 November 2017

Snowy Sunday

my back door
We woke to a winterery wonderland. We had snow on Friday but more fell this morning and the grass is covered and the shovels are out!
four patch
I am excited today because I just finished this quilt top. I have been working on it for two years. The four patch centers were the start of a leaders and enders projects I started in 2015. The retreat I was at in October had me finishing the patches and getting them into columns. I dragged my feet for a couple of weeks trying to decide what colour to use to separate the columns. One chat with my quilting buddy Mallory and red was the winner. A little deep stash diving one evening and I found the perfect piece of fabric. This is a big one 90x97. It is definitely going out to be quilted, I am not attempting this one!
3 from class, one I already made
Belle's new bed
tumblers,starting to join them together
I finished the three bags I started for my class the other weekend and my dog Belle has a new bed.Today I am trying to figure out a pattern so I can complete my tumbler quilt. It was a Bonnie Hunter leader and ender from a couple of years ago.Tomorrow I have a UFO day at our guild and this will be the project I am going to work on. Bonnieholics are joining together to send prayers and thoughts to her on the passing of her father in law. May he rest in peace.

It has been a very productive hunting season in the sewing room but now it is my daughter and my turn to try our hand at deer hunting. She is home for a week...so I get to visit and spoil her for a week. We might even get in some Christmas shopping one day!

It is going to be a busy week as my local little quilt store is having a sale too. I am hoping to find more fabric to add to my pile for Bonnie's Quiltville mystery-On Ringo Lake that will be starting later this month.
So many things to do and there just doesn't seem to be enough time to get it all done. All this and joining Kathy for some slow stitching this week. She wanted to know about lighting while we are working/quilting. I have the same Ikea light as she does and two different Ott lights. I even have found a LED light bulb for my sewing machine. What a difference that made when I put it in. I use whatever light helps with the current project I am working on.
Have a great week ahead and come back for a visit to see how much I got done at the workshop tomorrow.






3 comments:

  1. Love your strip quilt! I agree not enough hours in the day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belle is one lucky puppy - your dog bed is amazing -- I think we had more snow last night than you - we had about 4 inches new this a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on a quilt top finish. I love my Ikea LED lamp. I have always liked 4 patches.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...