Thursday 29 October 2015

Slowed me down a little....

Yes I was suppose to be sewing but I decided to make banana bread and you have to have nuts...right? Well I wish now I had skipped the nuts because while I was chopping and talking to my mother who stopped in to visit...I tried to chop my finger tip off. Lucky for me I have strong nails and the knife didn't get to the skin. It is tender but I have to say for a quilter, that was the finger to cut if I had to cut one...I can still sew, cut and stitch hexies.
So while trying to keep my finger out of harms way further..I have finished those paper pieced blocks and the table runner is done. My daughter will love it on her table at Christmas.
Last night at guild, a member Suzette was cleaning house and gifted to me five cross stitched blocks, pattern for an embroidered wedding ring quilt and a VIP panel of a goose which I made into a bag today.
Those curved pieced blocks that I have been working on, you can see some here. After several emails and some missed phone calls my "fabric piranha" friends came through for me. They were able to find the fabric and secure enough yardage for me. Big thanks to Louise and Barb and their delivery person. I know my daughter will be so relieved that there will be enough fabric now!!
After all that, I have to set those blocks aside and get busy on two baby quilts. They are almost completed flimsy, they just need an outside border and then they have to be quilted. I thought I had a couple more weeks but they decided differently and they were born this past Sunday. Can't wait to deliver them to the sweet princesses. I will post pics  once they are both done.
This evening will find me bundled up against the cold and rain and sitting in the treestand, hoping for my chance to come along. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! I'm glad you didn't do more damage to your finger. Hope it heals soon!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...