Sunday 1 November 2015

Left in the dark!!!

As a matter of speaking, I am in the dark! The hydro was off from 9 am till 3 so what is a girl to do? Whatever it was, it was going to be slow!!!
BEFORE
I added labels to two finished quilts, finished stitching together a Christmas ornament we made at guild last week and then I spent the rest of the afternoon cutting fabric. I have been cleaning up my stash, taking all the little bits and anything less than a fat 1/4 out and chopping it into 1 1/2",2",2 1/2", 5" and then whatever is left for the string bucket.I did cut a few triangles for a 4 patch project I am working on too.It doesn't look like much but that is 4 hours of cutting. This is a very time consuming job but this was a good day for it...couldn't do anything else!!!

AFTER











The week ahead is planned out as long as I get my butt in gear and get this done!! I think though for tonight it is movie night and joining Kathy with some slow stitching on my hexies. Wonder if I will ever be done with that quilt? My life has been made easier by getting a fiskar cutter for the hexie shape from my friend Jessica. Now I don't have to keep reusing the papers endlessly. They do get a little "bent out of shape"!!!
A progress report on the injured finger. You can see what happened here. It is much better, a little tender still and of course I keep hitting it on things which instantly reminds me. I am extra careful around my knives these days too .....to say the least!!
Have a great week!! Happy November 1....how did that happen!?!?!?

6 comments:

  1. I have a huge mound of scraps that need trimming. I try to keep it, but it just doesn't happen. Congrats to you on using your time wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect way to spend that much time without power. I'm glad to hear that your finger is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love doing that - anything under a quarter gets cut into squares and strips! You're the only other quilter I've met that does this :) It does take a while, but it means tidy and organised scrap boxes, which in the long run makes life much easier. I hope you got some power back and weren't stitching by candlelight last night! Have a great week Deanna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just started this. I am trying to use up and get the rest of my stash in order. There are so many little bits that are better cut up! Power was back on before supper so all was good!

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness... you need your fingers... all of them!
    Hope the injury is healing quickly.
    Put the knives away!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...