Monday 12 October 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Turkey is ate, pumpkin pies are all gone and there is only enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow.Family dinner on saturday and relaxing yesterday with our daughter home and today sending her on her way again, that is the way the weekend went ...way too quickly!! But now is the time for me to get my butt in gear, there is a quilting retreat on the horizon.
newsprint background fabric
Yes this Thursday I leave for 4 days of fun and hard work(well not that hard). So I need to start gathering things and projects. I have about four blocks of the months to do, which I would like to precut before I go. That is what daughter Kelly and I did yesterday. She picked out fat quarters and background for some curved piecing blocks I am making. Also she found some Christmas fabric that will be used to make a tablerunner at a future guild workshop.
I want to baste two quilts to take with me to quilt also. Not large ones so it shouldn't be that bad. I will also throw in some string piecing and my leader and ender-tumblers to work on. I really am unsure of how many projects to take. But I guess I am not that far away if I really need to drive home for more to keep me busy!
I sewed up one block of the curved pieced blocks so we could see what they would look like. I think it will grow on me  but my daughter loves them!!
With what is left of today...the only slow stitching will be if I can get a few hexies together. Check out Kathy's blog and see what others were up to yesterday and today!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend.

    A retreat this weekend? Woo hoo! Lucky you. I'm about 3 1/2 weeks out from my next retreat and need to start planning what I'm going to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a terrific time at retreat... you can never take too many projects!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...