Monday 5 October 2015

Fall has finally arrived

not blurry just bad lighting
Yes the leaves are changing colour and the cooler weather has begun. I spent the other day clearing out the flower beds and gardens. I only have dill and some pumpkins still in the ground and they will be gone by the end of this week. It is a very rainy, overcast day so what is a girl to do but quilt.
Yes I am hand quilting and the end is very near. This quilt started out almost done in one week then a couple of weekends away and a sore back and now I just want it to be finished!!
I am starting to prepare kits for projects that I want to work on at retreat. My annual retreat begins in just over a week. My friend is coming to visit me for a couple of days and then we will head to the retreat lodge. Also for this trip loading and unloading will be easier as this week we bought a "new to us" van. DH calls it a grocery getter....I had to tell him it was a fabric hauler! Hmm not sure he is going to let me take it fabric shopping... ever !!!!
her name "Sandy"



I am joining the fun a day late but check out Kathy's blog and her slow stitching sunday to see what others are doing this Fall!
 Today I will be binding this quilt and stitching on it at guild tonight.
Hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I thought my minivan was a grandkid hauler. I like fabric hauler much better! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your star quilt is really nice - enjoy your new fabric hauler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Love the fabric hauler :)
    Have a great retreat!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...