Sunday 27 September 2015

Looking for my quilting mojo

If it takes small projects to find my mojo than that is what I am doing! Today I completed two calendar blocks as part of a guild program. We are to make one for each month and these are my first two completed ones. I forgot there is as much work in these little ones(8x9) as in a baby quilt....haha!









This was also part of my slow sunday stitching. All the stitching, small amount of thread painting and quilting was done on my featherweight. They really are quite versatile little machines.
I spent most of the afternoon rummaging and searching through my stash for fabrics for three baby quilts. There are a lot of little ones that have been born over the summer and a few yet to come including a set of twins. Can't wait to make those princess quilts!
This evening I am resting this aching back and doing more hand stitching on my hexies. This seems like a never ending project but when I lay it out it is coming along nicely. I just love how the '30 prints play with the white. This will probably be the only one I make so I am going all out and going to keep stitching till I run out of the center purple colour. Then I will have to decide how large I will make the quilt. I was originally going to put in a green path but I let that idea go but I had already make a bunch of green hexies so there will be a white border all around the quilt and a larger green border...whenever I get to that point!!!


4 comments:

  1. Oh small projects have always helped me to find my mojo! Hope it works for you. Sometimes it is good to just take a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I thought I was doing good to get my September calandra block done this weekend lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could start adding in different purple centres... just saying in case you want to make it larger :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hexie project. EPP is a slow process, but I find it so enjoyable ... it's hard not to just keep making hexies and putting them together into more blocks.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...