Saturday 26 September 2015

Every now and again you get reminded....

last night's finishes
The old saying is true. you never know what you have till it is gone or in my case almost gone! I had great plans for this week and then on Monday morning while getting ready I reached down to pick something up off the floor and BAM!!! I couldn't move, well I could but it wasn't easy. I had pinched something in my back. So needless to say no triathlons for me...getting in and out of bed was enough! It is coming along, had physio yesterday and have some exercises to do. So after resting most of the week, yesterday I thought enough!!
I tried to clean up some little projects in my sewing room. So finished this little baby quilt for the NICU and put together this pillow that will go into the fair next year!(needed to practice a little handquilting so I did the pillow)
only 12" left to go
Also today I want to put a few more stitches in this quilt. I can see the end, can you? I find this the hardest part of hand quilting...you want to be done but you don't want it to end. Oh well I have many more to quilt just waiting patiently in line.
almost like a jar of candy - so yummy!

While I was away last weekend, I had one day of sewing. I took my featherweight and a box of scraps. These are what I got done! 8 1/2" blocks. I have to say they don't look like much alone but when you lay them out, I think there is definitely a WOW factor happening. I will have to make a few more so I have enough to do something with. I will just say also that I hardly put a dent in my string box of scraps!

Now to decide what to work on today...finishing up something or starting something new? What are you doing in your sewing room today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...