Tuesday 15 September 2015

Just another kind of busy!

Where do the days go? I always thought that once summer ended and the kids headed back to school things would settle down and there would be more time for "stuff"!! Well for those who stop by my blog regularly you will notice....I can't even find time to blog!!!
Now I will start by saying this cold I caught from DH is still hanging on...nasty cough. Today at our guild meeting I wasn't the only one coughing and hacking, some were even sniffling! It even messes with your head and thinking. So no heavy quilting math for me!!
We should all be grinning when sewing with a friend
Last weekend I did a small road trip all by myself. I went back to my home town and visited my local and most favorite quilt store. Two hours just seemed to fly by. I also got to say hi to a few old friends. From there I met my friend Susan and we went to her house for the weekend. Although I brought lots with me, I didn't get much done. I took the opportunity to play in my string and scrap buckets. This was prep work for some demos and a workshop that will be going on at guild later in the year. I was able to put together string blocks and sashing to make a baby quilt for the NICU at our local hospital. As you can see we take over her dining room table that just gives us an excuse to eat on the couch!
baby quilt flimsy

This weekend I am heading out again! I am heading to see my fellow "fabric Piranha" quilt friends. We will be doing some shopping at quilt stores and attending a quilt show. We always have fun.I also have to look up a sewing machine that is for sale...not jinxing it so you will have to come back and see what happens.
The view out my front window

 We have been having some beautiful sunsets this past week. I couldn't resist going outside and get a pic...although it just doesn't do it justice!!!
Enjoy the rest of this week and whatever you decide to do with it!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love a beautiful sunrise or sunset. We're facing east (to the ocean) so I'm not seeing any sunsets, but the sunrises sure are lovely. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...