Monday 21 September 2015

Off again!

Yes I was travelling again. This time a 5 hour drive took me south to my daughter's then onto a weekend visit with my Fabric Piranha quilting buddies, Louise and Barb.  I arrived on Thursday and was able to go to Louise's "after hours" quilting class. I was a nice evening visiting with some ladies that I had met before. After the class we got to go to Judy's (the teacher) house. Her home is the perfect quilter's paradise...bedroom, bathroom,kitchen, living room and the rest of the house including the basement is devoted to quilting!! I surely could live there.
I had the whole day Friday to myself so what is a girl to do....SEW!! Yes after sewing hexies in the morning, I dug out my featherweight and my scraps and made string blocks for the rest of the day. Once my buddy was done work, I picked her up and we met up with Barb and visited a new quilt store in the area.
a girl and her tractor


trailer full of pumpkins
On Saturday we were off to Quilt Expo in St.Mary's. Lots of vendors and a small unique quilt show. Each vendor made a quilt or wallhanging that was their interpretation  of the same original pattern. It was amazing to see how and what each vendor  did. They were all so different and visually appealing. So I didn't get any pics!!! We also stopped at a couple of quilt stores on the way home and one pumpkin patch. Pauline, who has her very own tractor, has a large pumpkin patch too! All shapes and sized of pumpkins including tiny gourds too!!
To finish off the day we went visiting. The skies that evening were so unusual. There were bright spots and not so bright areas. These pic don't really do them justice but it was the best I could do.










sunny but ominous
Now today was suppose to be a busy day for me......right up until I pinched a nerve or something in my back as I tried to pick something up off the floor. So now today is a sit in a hard chair, heating pad, book and maybe some hexies till the traffic jam in my lower back disappears. Arrggg....getting older is not nice!! So although there was no slow stitching done yesterday....I am thinking I will be making up for that today!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...