Sunday 9 August 2015

Quilt Show Weekend!

Yes this weekend was our guild's quilt show in the barn. We held it 3 years ago in the same barn. We had a perfect weekend with weather and the attendance was great. All the things you could ask for in a quilt show. These pics are ones a friend and member of the guild took, thanks Donna. I completely forgot to take any pictures So for this reason there will be very little slow stitching this weekend, I am just too pooped to pop!!! May find a few minutes to relax later tonight but must catch up on things around the house even before this week starts. Next weekend we are hosting my DH's family reunion so we have to get the yard and garage ready for company, not to mention groceries and some food things ready.
 I have been sewing but mostly on tumbler blocks, hexies and a small applique project for a baby quilt. That is all I am able to fit into the bits of time I have. Also excited this week because my daughter will be home for a holiday. Looking forward to that.
Here's hoping for little bits of time this week to help keep me calm and from going crazy! Hope you all have a great week too!

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful setting for a quilt show! Hope you get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... fabulous setting for a quilt show! I would have loved to have attended. Hopefully you'll get some therapy with your needle and thread this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an amazing setting for a quilt show! Lots of work to hang all those quilts up! Take lots of time for slow stitching this week!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...