Monday 17 August 2015

I need a vacation or at least a day of sewing!!

72 and that isn't everyone!
It has been a busy week and a half. We were preparing to host DH's family reunion. Luckily he has lots of brothers and sisters to help cause we had  72 people here for the weekend. Some were camping and others were in a motel but we were all together for supper on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. With only a few forgotten things, everything went well and we enjoyed a beautiful sunny,hot and humid weekend except for the rain on Friday night that did clear off in time to have a little bonfire.  I finally got to meet our newest great nephew who is only a month old. I was able to hold him and give him his new quilt.
Jamis and his new quilt
You know summer is coming to an end....fall fair time!
 Today is clean up the house day and laundry then I have to settle into my sewing room and finish 2 baby quilts for the fall fair which is this weekend coming. Things never slow down around here it seems. I have a couple cakes to make also and then I have to gather everything and add to this pile so I can get it all ready for delivery to the arena for Friday morning.
Hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you again for a great weekend. The food was great and the company was even better! You all did an amazing job!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fall fair time already?!? Hope you got your quilts finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 72 people? Wow - but I'll bet you all had a great time. Good luck on getting those quilts done in time!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...