Sunday 31 August 2014

"The puppy is here....the puppy is here!"

My name is Belle
helping mom sort scraps
With one word...YES...my whole world seems to have changed. Last weekend we were shown a picture of a puppy and we fell in love! The next day she arrived at our door and we were hooked. With no preparation we quickly scrambled to find a cage for her to sleep in and a quick trip to the grocery store for some food. So this week has been getting use to a puppy in the house. It is like have a new born after not having kids for awhile...you forget things. Our old girl Zoe, is really not sure about what we have done either! We also were made a little poorer by a trip to the vet. At least we know she is healthy and on the way with her shots. It took a couple of days but I have worked out a schedule by which she is entertained and while she is sleeping....I am sewing!
My big sister, can you tell she isn't impressed
Belle's quilt
So...new puppy means of course she needs a quilt. While doing my cleaning and purging I found a cute puppy fabric, so it was the start of her quilt. The top was completed this morning and I will work on sandwiching it later today.
my plaid blocks
I have also finished the next two block in the marcus sew along. This is a pic of all five blocks completed so far. They are 8 1/2" unfinished and I am liking them very much! While the puppy is playing this afternoon I will be slow stitching (hand quilting) and trying to finish this quilt (only two more borders to go).Bounce(been watching the puppy for too long) over to Kathy's blogKathy's blog and see what other slow stitchers are up to today and send a hug to my friend Kathy too!





10 comments:

  1. Lucky Belle getting her own quilt. Lucky you getting to have such a pretty little puppy join your household.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belle is adorable, Deanna - lucky puppy to get a quilt -- I guess I should be making one for Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the puppy! We got one 4 years ago and it was so much like having a baby in the house again. Good luck with training!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belle is adorable! We have thought about it recently, since our Max is ten going on eleven. But we decided to wait awhile. They are so adorable as pups, I am sure Zoe will help Belle with her manners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, Belle is so cute. Of course she needs her own quilt. It is very pretty. Good luck with the training and sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand why you couldn't resist. Belle is adorable. Great idea for the quilt. Love your plaid blocks. It will make a very interesting quilt. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is adorable! Congrats to you both for finding each other. Pretty blocks you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I would say Zoe is giving you "the Look," but what a way puppies have of wrapping everyone around their paw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful little dog has behaved girl face ..
    and how beautiful your quilt one day I'll get there ..
    A blessed week for you.
    Hugs from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done the right thing getting a little puppy while you still have Zoe. I'm sure the 2 will be best friends before long.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...