Sunday 3 August 2014

Slow stitching Sunday

Good thing Kathy is there to remind us to slow down. It has been a bit of a stressful week so stitching quietly will be relaxing. Today I will be slow stitching and doing some hand quilting. I have machine quilted most of the quilt but want to do some hand quilting in the set in triangles and the last border. It has been sitting on my lazy boy for a couple of days but I have been working on my hexies.

my layout idea
 These hexies are very addictive for me right now. So I sew while I am loving it because the day is going to come when I will set it aside to age for awhile! I have decided what to do with them so now it is a matter of starting to sew them all together. I am going to surround them with white and a path of green. I think I will be cutting more paper for the backing. I am just not sure what I am going to do with all those hexie papers when I am done!?!


my corner of the couch, scissors, needles pins..
........better than a do not sit sign











I think I deserve a slow day too because yesterday I spent the day outside weeding. The garden and flowerbeds were all well overdue for some TLC! So this morning I finished the one flowerbed up with some wood chips. While I was working and even taking this pic, this furry little guy was coming and going from a hole in the lawn! You had to be quick to catch him too!!



there are flowers in there once the weeds are gone

he stopped and posed but only for a second

6 comments:

  1. A well deserved rest of slow stitching today!
    Sounds like the perfect day to stitch in the gazebo and enjoy the creek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the stitching after all that weeding. Glad you caught a picture of that cute squirrel. I hope he isn't storing for winter already or we are in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually a chipmunk and his cheeks were full, so maybe he is getting ready for a long winter!

      Delete
  3. Yard work is a constant around here, so glad you can sit and enjoy some slow stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing to relax and do Sunday stitching. Sometimes that is hard to do. Many others are addicted to the hexies. What a lovely garden area and it comes with a furry friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to get out and tend to the gardens and plant some. Too hot by the time I want to do it though. Enjoy your slow stitching.

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...