Sunday 10 August 2014

So Lucky!!

My going away lunch almost 7 years ago. Susan and I
Yes I am feeling very special this weekend.  I was lucky to have a friend come and visit for the weekend. We have been getting together every month or so as time allows since I moved 7 years ago. So this weekend was all about de-stressing for both of us. Petting fabric, ohhing and ahhing over fabric and projects, a little sewing and a glass of wine or three!!!


Ruth and her new quilt
So it has been a busy week for me before Friday. Last Monday I got an idea to make a quilt for my niece, but the catch was she was leaving on Thursday.YIKES!! Tuesday morning picked out fabrics and cut, Wednesday sewed all the squares together and than cut them apart and resewed.(we are a crazy bunch us quilters). Added borders and pieced the backing. Thursday morning sandwiched and pin basted it and quilted it through the lunch hour. Early afternoon put on the binding and was halfway done the binding when my niece came to collect it. We had a great visit while I finished the quilt and she was happy as anything and thought she had the craziest aunt!!!

So as always when I finish a quilt there is a bit of a letdown. So what better way to get over that than to start a new project. First I completed the first two of ten blocks from the Marcus Designer Sew Along . I am going to use some of my scrap plaids. Then I pulled out some fabric and a pattern that I picked up a couple of years ago. I will cut it up and get it ready for my retreat in October.  Now I just want to sew it....but "SQUIRREL" look I have another project I can work on. Christmas comes way to soon so why not be ready! I will play with this today and later on I will do some more hand quilting on my other quilt. As Kathy says, slow down and relax today on slow stitching Sunday


I think these are going to look good done in plaids

Hmm what to do with this panel?
More on this one in the fall!!
Enjoy your day and I will too as I know this week is going to be a hectic one!!! Happy stitching!!


11 comments:

  1. After all that activity I think you need to slow down and get some rest before the next busy week! The plaids are going to look great in that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have the craziest aunt! (Which coming from me should be taken as the greatest of compliments ;) ) Glad your friend made it this weekend!! And I can't wait to read through your blog. <3

    Thanks again for the beautiful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. me encantaria ver terminado el trabajo del panel de navidades....
    Feliz domingo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That was one quick quilt you made! Enjoy your slow stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my I can't imagine making a quilt that quickly. I guess I am slow at everything. Lucky niece it looks great and she looks very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a plaid lover so I very much like your pinwheel blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how fast you were able to do that quilt and it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't imagine cutting, sewing and quilting a quilt so quickly. I can't manage to get a table runner done that fast.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a fast start to finish quilt! Wow!
    I'm sure she will love it!
    Love your plaid Marcus blocks... they are fun to sew, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so now patiently waiting for Friday and the next block!

      Delete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...