Sunday 24 August 2014

Busy week

It has indeed been a busy one! Between doctor appointments with my mom, town fair and still cleaning up after the small flood in my sewing room, I am in need of a day of sewing. But that will have to wait and I will be back in my sewing room cleaning and purging. I have decided that I don't want to "store" stuff anymore. So the really ugly or not good fabric(poly blends) are becoming rags for DH's garage. I am donating some stuff I don't want to a local business for resale and keeping the good stuff. If it doesn't fall into any of these categories...it is in a green garbage bag headed for the curb(side of the road, I live in the country)!
It amazes me what I have moved once never mind the stuff that has moved two and three times. It is time to lighten the load. I figure if I haven't used it by now I am not likely too and someone else might love to get it!!
Now the only problem I am finding is while looking and touching all this fabric...ideas are flooding my brain and all I want to do is sew. So I am thinking this fall and winter is going to be very productive seasons for me.
Today is catch up day...laundry and other house chores. So the slow stitching with Kathy will have to wait till later. I will need some sit down time I am sure this evening. But I saw this pic this week and Kathy made mention of Downton Abbey. I love this old gal from the show, she is quite funny sometimes.
 I hope this doesn't offend anyone.
On another note I did very well at the fair with my entries. Twelve items...all first places except two and they got second. That was in the needlework now in the pickling I wasn't as lucky unfortunately. Oh well more pickles for us to eat...my family loves them even if the judge doesn't!!!I will show pics tomorrow. It has finally stopped raining here so the lawn got mowed yesterday and today the windows are opened letting in the fresh air! Have a great day with whatever you are doing!

5 comments:

  1. I did the sewing closet purge four years ago and came out of it with six or seven quilts. It's funny how that works! You didn't offend me, but I did chuckle!!! Hope your purging goes well and you can get back to producing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a big purge when I packed up my sewing room in Sudbury. Now I'm slowly purging to get ready for the final move. My big issue is books and magazines. I really have a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not offended but I did chuckle and nod! Too true.
    Glad you got the sewing fever..... looking forward to seeing what becomes of the fabrics and projects you decide to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha... ooh that is so true! Sorry to read of your flood but it sounds like it has spurred you onto some positive results. I did a purge/reorganize during the Winter Olympics last year and I'm still reaping the benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to do the same thing here, but it's so hard that I procrastinate the job. I am quite sure the Dowager would never use the 'P' word!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...