Sunday 6 April 2014

Sunny Slow Stitching Sunday

all that yellow is birdseed
Yup the sun is shining and the snow is melting but not quite fast enough. Although the creek is opening, with the snow leaving you get to see messes everywhere. Any dog owner will tell you they never thought their dog pooped so much and I can't believe how much birdseed in on the ground. I thought I was feeding the little feathered wonder.s In the picture you can see the creek just starting to open up. With the melting snow I am sure the ice won't last long. Oh well it is that time of the year!
This beautiful weather makes my sewing room in the basement a cooler than normal place to be so today I am stitching upstairs. Between hand quilting on my quilt and do some binding on a small quilt I have machine quilted today.I also want to finish a pair of knitted socks so I can start a sweater I want to make. I made one earlier this winter but really wasn't happy with the end result so yesterday I "unknitted" it and will start a more form fitted cardigan for myself. With all this hand stitching going on, I will definitely be linking up with my friend Kathy  and see what she and everyone else is up to.
sweater --then
sweater --now
cool pattern done in plaids/homespuns

This is the first of two quilts that I am making for a friend. One is for her dog and one is for her daughter's dog. Now you may think i an crazy but let me say my dog has 3 quilts and they save my carpets where she lays and besides even a dog need to have a quilt Some friends and I are getting together for a day of sewing on Wednesday so I am hoping to finish the other one. Then two baby quilts and I should be almost caught up!! haha





4 comments:

  1. What a lucky dog! Love the quilt for him/her. I used my quilts the same way for my kids when they were babies - much easier to throw a quilt into the washer/dryer than get the steam cleaner out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dog has a quilt and he loves it! I agree with Deb much easier to wash a quilt than to clean the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your doggy quilt -- nice pattern and luv the colours. Lucky dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both puppies and their owners love the quilts. Thanks Deanna

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...