Friday 18 April 2014

Happy Easter Weekend

It is the calm before the storm so to speak. My daughter is on her way home today with a girlfriend and hubby is off helping a friend butcher a piggie! Me I am doing computer fun stuff(blog hopping) and plan to do some sewing waiting for my baby to arrive. Tomorrow will be a busy day. Baby shower in the afternoon and a stag and doe party in the evening. Sunday can't come fast enough!!!
This week has been a week of finishing up things. My guild projects are coming to an end and with June(the end of guild year) just around the corner, I have a few loose ends to tie up. We have been working on 6" blocks for a kleenex box challenge.Pick a kleenex box and use only those colours. I think it is going to make a pretty baby quilt!
 I have finished another challenge too but can't show that one just yet. There will be voting next week among the members and then I will be able to show it.
I have to get the next clue for my mystery quilt ready too. In between all that, I have been slowly working away on the hand quilting of this quilt. I am just a little over half way done. Hoping to finish it to show in June at our wrap up meeting. I have also been working on blocks(60 degree triangles) for a second dog quilt. This all sounds ambitious but I put in an hour here and there to do things!
 My kleenex box blocks are pink,green and white and I am going to use a very dark green for a cornerstone. On the left you can see some of the triangle blocks for the dog quilt. Looks difficult but very simple to put together.



The weather this Spring has the local wildlife very confused. By this time of the year they have left and gone deep into the bush. But the bush still has lots of snow and is not safe for them so they are travelling throughout the neighbourhood. These two young ones walked right up my street and into my side yard. I could watch them all day. Myself, if it stays snowy and wet I get to stay indoors doing more sewing but I know eventually I will have to go out and start the gardening and getting the yard ready for summer! Enjoy your holiday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy time Deanna. I've been trying to quilt on my frame this morning, but the machine is giving me major problems! The Gemmells are here for the weekend too so I can't really set up my sewing machine stuff. But I have knitting with me too! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...