Sunday 27 April 2014

Sunny Slow Stitching Sunday

doggie quilt #2
Auction quilt
Well that is definitely a mouthful!! haha  Another week is behind us and I waited till Saturday to get busy. I have so many projects that I have to get completed. I made a list (I work better that way) and yesterday I was able to get two things almost off it. The second doggie quilt is finished and just needs binding. I am headed to finish that when this post is done. I also put the binding on and need to hand sew it in place on a turning twenty variation quilt that I put together for a friend and she quilted it. It will be part of an auction in May to raise funds for a local service group. I have had this bundle of fabric together for a few weeks, and it has been staring at me on my cutting table. It is to be a quilt for my new great nephew. Hope I can get it done and to him before he turns one!! I also have these blocks to put together into a quilt top...still haven't figured out what to do with them.
won't these trucks be perfect for a little boy

pink/white blocks...what to do!?!?
On another note this week at guild we had a yard sale. I scored big. One bag of homespuns for $10(had to be near 5 meters in the bag), a large piece of backing fabric for $10 and some other smaller pieces for $10.  I figure I saved as much as I spent.
So today is finish up in the sewing room and sit down and do some slow stitching with Kathy, that will be binding for me. Maybe I will put some more stitches in my quilt on the frame too. While I am stitching I watch netflix or DVD of my own. This week I got a mittful of movies from the library to watch, that should keep me stitching for a few hours anyways!! Enjoy your day, the sun is shining here and the birds are just a singing!! Although we had snow yesterday...I do believe Spring may finally be willing to arrive and stay!


2 comments:

  1. You have some great projects going. I just started watching netflix on my tablet in my sewing room. It seems to make things move along more swiftly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your hand stitching today! I just got Netflix so I look forward to figuring out how to work it!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...