Sunday 13 April 2014

I think..maybe Spring is here!

frozen puddle

        
Sun rising on frozen puddle
Well if robins appearing makes it official...then we have Spring. I saw my first one the other day. We have been getting every kind of weather up to today which is wet and pouring rain. But on friday morning  after my walk I saw a bit of Jack Frost's works of art and couldn't pass up taking a few pictures . I am sure these pics don't do them justice but they sure were pretty. The sun was just coming up over the one puddle.

Hood of my blue car
Well it is another week of getting those smaller projects done. I have gotten to the quilting stage on one challenge and I got another block ready to applique for a second challenge. Why do I keep starting these things.We have a focus fabric for the applique project (blue floral) and they have given us a different theme each month. So far so good, the themes are fitting into what I want the final product to be...a summer wallhanging. The other challenge must remain a secret till after the judging.I am going to do some hand quilting on it and hope it becomes more life like.So I definitely have some slow stitching to do today and into the evening. Join Kathy and everyone else for some slow stitching today!

Theme was "object"...so cottage


4 comments:

  1. Hope you will be having less and less of those frosty photo opportunities and more sunshine and flowers!
    Such a lovely cottage! I would like to live there! Enjoy your slow stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're liable to have frost next week when it gets back down close to freezing here in SW Illinois. I'm ready for spring to come and STAY! That cottage is cute! I love the roof especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping you don't have any more jack frost for the robin's sake. Cute applique house block. Look forward to the summer wallhanging reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here, it is supposed to be quite warm today and then get cold with snow and ice pellets tonight! Good weather to stay inside and quilt!

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...