Sunday 30 March 2014

I see pavement!!!

Why is this so important you ask well my last post showed 3 feet of snow on our garage roof and today our driveway it down to pavement. Well with the help of DH tractor  the ice and snow is gone or at least moved to the side.
 I was away this weekend visiting a quilting buddy. We had a girls weekend of sewing, knitting and of course chatting. I finished a knitted headband for my daughter and got a good start on a small quilt top for a friends dog(yes even dogs deserve quilts). I did all the precutting at home and hoped to just sew all weekend. Well good thing I took the extra fabric with me cause I wasn't quite as accurate as I thought and needed to cut more pieces. Missed a few directions in the pattern. So that will be on my agenda this week to finish. I will post pics when I have finished the top.
 It was a beautiful drive home today, the sun shining and the deer coming out of the bush to watch the cars go by. Yes my drive home took me through a highly populated deer area. That would be the same area that I was in this past summer when I hit one of them. Oh well I really got to enjoy the scenery cause I didn't drive faster than 70km per hour! I was not chancing another run in(no pun intended)  I haven't quite lived down hitting that last one. Arrived home to dinner being made by my daughter and DH...now that's a treat!!

One block Wonder






I had wanted to take pics of the weekend and our sewing area but forgot. I am showing a pic of what my friend worked on. She got the main part of a One Block Wonder done. She just needs to add borders to it. It looks great. It is a lot of sewing and a lot of pieces.







Nikki, what a sweetheart
I get to visit with my friend and her dog Nikki too. She is as old as my dog and deaf too but she is quite entertaining. She is always ready to lay on whatever quilt we might lay on the floor!

I might get some slow stitching in this evening, check in with Kathy and see what everyone is up to today on Slow Stitching Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. Nikki is a beautiful quilt model!
    Hope you had some time to enjoy your hand stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Within the next and next power, they'll put because of their report wherever you can find blanks, see post

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the most frequent mistakes in student essay writing and academic essay writing, whether you are tackling a weekly essay or an undergraduate dissertation, is a habit of drifting away from the question. You can write a brilliant, carefully argued essay and still get low marks if it is not altogether in every part relevant to the question. Some assignment writers make a strong start when they essay write, but begin to wander away from the question, whilst others tend to allow their argument to veer off in completely the wrong direction altogether. Adalina Mae Author

    ReplyDelete

You just never know!

 The other day a friend texted me and asked if I recognized the photo she sent me. It was a photo of a quilt, one that I had made last year ...